Passage: Mark 9:30–50
This livestream is scheduled to take place at 10:30am on Sunday, April 4th, 2021.
Don't forget to subscribe to our channel so that it is easier for you to find next week.
After watching the livestream, use the questions below to discuss the sermon with your family, friends, or Life Group.
You can support the ministry of Bethany by giving online, directly through your bank, or by sending your gifts to the church office (13431 Edwards St., Westminster, CA 92683).
Know that we are praying for you. May you bring glory to God and good to His people as you SHARE the hope, SPEAK the truth, and SERVE the King!
Read Mark 9:30-50 as a group.
1. What is your natural response to who Jesus is and why he had to die?
2. Jesus shares with his disciples that he will be killed (vv. 30-31). Why did the disciples not understand Jesus’ words (v. 32)? What were some common expectations of the coming Messiah?
3. Jesus asks the disciples a question to teach them a lesson on discipleship (v. 33). What were the disciples discussing on their way to Capernaum? Why did this discussion matter to them?
4. What does it mean to “be last and servant of all” (v. 35)? What does it mean to receive a child? What does this service look like?
5. How are you growing in the gospel? What do you need to bring to Christ today?